Wednesday, November 10, 2021

interview with Dan Molloy


 




Biography  +  fun fact  (and please a photo too, if you don’t mind)

My name is Dan, I'm 25 from Ireland and mu fun fact is that I'm 6' 7.5" tall



Let's start the interview.


Have you grown up in a music family or weren't your parents interested in music?


My father was always singing. My mother not so much but she used to play music on long car journeys and most of my musical influence comes from her


Why do you love music as much as you do?


I think it's just such a powerful thing. If I'm in a bad place mentally it's like therapy to me. It keeps me happy and entertained.


For how long have you been listening to music, and what genre(s) do you like?


All my life! I mainly like pop but I'm quite eclectic. I'll give anything a go really


For how long have you followed Eurovision and/or Melodi Grand Prix?


I watched Eurovision on and off over the years but I really began to follow it seriously in 2016. MGP I watched for the first time in 2021 🙂 


Which are your favourite songs from Eurovision and Melodi Grand Prix? You can name 1 to 5 songs. Can you explain why you chose this song/these songs as your favourite songs from ESC and MGP?


Ooh it's so hard to choose. I have so many favourites so I'm going to choose a couple that come to mind at first.


O G3NE - Lights & Shadows, such a beautiful song with such a sad sad story

Fyr Og Flamme - So fun, VERY 80s


The Mamas - Move it's soulful, powerful and such a great sing along track


KEiiNO - Spirit In The Sky. Such an interesting song and introduced me to joiking and Samí culture

Laura & Koit Toome - Verona. Such a shame people don't realise the brilliance of this song. I absolutely love it 


Do you have any thoughts about Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Season?


I think a lot of artists may hop on the rock trend. Should be able to have a bigger and better contest as Covid gets a bit better.


If you have any more Eurovision or music related things to tell me, feel free to tell as much as you want. 


Eurovision is such a wonderful thing. It's a shame some people use it for politics. It's a wonderful night where we come together from all walks of life to share in our joy of music


Okay thank you so much for using some of your time to do this interview


No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now" - Alexandra Rotan and Adam Douglas

 "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" - Alexandra Rotan and Adam Douglas Release date: 16 October 2021 // Original release date: 2...