Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Interview with Aleksander Holt (myself)

 

Interview with Aleksander Holt - 2. November 2021

  

Biography of Aleksander Holt + fun fact

Hello, my name is Aleksander Holt. I am a 15 years old boy from Norway. I was born on 28th September 2006. I live together with my family (mom, dad, and my brother). I'm calling my grandma every day to talk about what I did at school, for example. I live in a big city in Norway called Fredrikstad. I am the administrator and the founder of The Art of Music.

My hobbies are biking, shooting, and volunteer youth leader for some churches in Fredrikstad. I started to practice biking when I was 4-5 years old, with my dad helping me. I have biked to school almost every day since 5th grade (August 2015-). I started as a shooter in November 2018. I went to shooting until March 2020, when corona came and stopped it. So I returned in September 2021, and I am shooting every Wednesday.

I have been a volunteer youth leader for four churches in Fredrikstad since October 2021. I started as a VYL because I am a social boy. I also like to talk and meet new people. The first event was a camp from 22nd to 24th October 2021. The event was for those who wanted to be VYLs, to unite and be more known with other teenagers (14-16) that also wanted to be VYLs.

Facts about myself:

 I was born with so-called hydrocephalus. Hydrocephalus is when you suddenly get too much fluid in your head. It will not have a solid shape, which means it will expand until it is hard. My operation happened between April and June 2007. I have also operated my feet in the summer of 2011, but I don't remember why.

Fun fact about myself:

Many people get surprised when I tell them that I am only 15 years old.

Let's start the interview.

Have you grown up in a music family or weren't your parents interested in music?

No, I did not grow up in a family that sings or dances. But I grew up in a family that listens to a lot of music. My family watches a lot of music competitions like Idol, The Voice, Maskorama, MGP, and ESC. Now I do not talk much with his father about how genres of music he likes or not, but I know he likes Rock and Roger Waters. My mom listens mainly to pop like me.

 

Why do you love music as much as you do?

Music has always been a part of my life, ever since I was born in 2006, because it gives me the feeling that I am never alone, and that I always have someone who takes care of me, likes me, makes me feel included, better. It also makes me united with people from all over the world. Music gives me different emotions such as sadness, angriness or happiness, while other songs give me no emotions at all. I am mostly a fan of songs where I understand what the song is about, with good lyrics and melody. If the music does not give me any emotion, I do not know if I think the song is good or not ...

So how long have you been listening to music, and what genre(s) do you like?

I've been listening to music for as long as I can remember. Music gives me a feeling that I am never alone and that I have many people around me who also like the same as me. It also helps me focus better sometimes. Music has always been a part of me, and will always be in everything from sad to happy, good to bad, fun to boring days.

My favorite genre is pop and rock. Pop music and ballads give me memories of the "old days", it also gives me more strength. I have a feeling that I would have been depressed if I had not had any music to listen to when I am alone because when it is completely quiet I feel sad and lonely. I also love artists like KEiiNO, Within Temptation, Nightwish.

KEiiNO is a group consisting of Tom Hugo, Fred Buljo and Alexandra Rotan. Alexandra is the frontman in the band and sings most of it, while Tom Hugo is more than a chorister, but he is also a frontman with Alexandra and Fred. Fred is both a rapper and a joiker. KEiiNO is named after Fred's hometown, Kautokeino. I became known with KEiiNO after they participated in the Melodi Grand Prix in 2019, and won the televote in Eurovision 2019 (finished in 6th place). Within Temptation (Dutch band) and Nightwish (Finnish band).

How long have you followed Eurovision and/or Melodi Grand Prix, and what is your favourite song(s) from Eurovision and Melodi Grand Prix? You can name 1 to 5 songs. Can you explain why you chose this song/these songs as your favourite songs from ESC and MGP?

I started watching Eurovision and Melodi Grand Prix, as a 12 and 1/2-year-old in 2019. I love Eurovision and Melodi Grand Prix because of the unity between people from all over the world, the discovery of new artists, songs, genres, etc.

Five random Eurovision songs I like:

1. Ireland 1987 - Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now

What I like about the songs is the lyrics, the meaning, the melody, and the structure of the song. It starts weak and vulnerable, and builds up to more powerful, while still being just as vulnerable.

2. Norway 2019 - KEiiNO - Spirit In The Sky

I like the song because the unity of the band members: Alexandra, Tom, and Fred, is magical. When Alexandra sings, I goosebumps. Her voice is so incredibly beautiful. Tom Hugo is often the chorister but he also sings as a frontman with Alexandra. While Fred joiks and raps. When we put together Alexandra's voice, the lyrics, the melodies, the chorus of Tom Hugo, and the yoik of Fred, the songs become magical.

3. Netherlands 2013 - Anouk - Birds

I like this song because it is very vulnerable just like Hold Me Now by Johnny Logan. The song starts calmly and relaxing, it also gets more power in the choruses and gives me chills.

4. Sweden 2014 - Sanna Nielsen - Undo

I love this song, the voice of Sanna, the lyrics and the melody of the song are magical. I love all the power she puts into the song. I do not have much to complain about. Although the song is not my all-time favorite, I think the song is one of the best songs that Sweden has ever sent to Eurovision.

5. Norway 1995 - Secret Garden - Nocturne

I have very little to comment on this song except the song is simply ABSOLUTELY MAGICAL, that a song with almost only melody (violin) can be so good. I have no words ...

Do you have any thoughts about Eurovision Song Contest 2022 Season?

To be honest, I have no thoughts regarding the Eurovision 2022 Season, but I'm sure there will be good songs, good artists, good shows, variety in the songs, and a big party for all of us Eurovision and MGP fans.

Okay thank you so much for the amazing interview, Aleksander. And thank you also for using some of your time to talk with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now" - Alexandra Rotan and Adam Douglas

 "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" - Alexandra Rotan and Adam Douglas Release date: 16 October 2021 // Original release date: 2...